Sunday, September 7, 2008

train


who is behind the hard exterior?
who is behind the distant gaze?
who is behind the kind eyes- that have seen much?
who is the man across the train?...

it's an interesting thing... riding the train.

it's about people... all strangers - all in their own world - all going about their own business...  and yet, there is a bond that i feel.  

a bond of commonality - not in how we look or act or probably even think.  but a bond that we are people - all trying to get from one place to another -  and although it may be small, we are coming together in a common purpose which in some odd way makes me feel like i know them... makes me feel like i have this unspoken connection with them... makes me think that maybe if i saw the man on the train again - that we could share a conversation about how the same God that loves me - loves him too... just maybe. 

i like the train...

1 comment:

Name: Katee said...

Michelle, I love reading your writings. I check anxiously to hear of the amazing things your are doing with God. I miss you and am praying for you like crazy!! Love- katee